Blisland Parish Council currently has a vacancy for a Parish Councillor. Any qualifying Parishioner may apply to be considered for the position.
Applicants must satisfy the following requirements:
· You need to be over 18 years of age.
· A British citizen, or a qualifying Commonwealth citizen.
· A local government elector of the parish; or a person who during the whole of the twelve months prior to application, occupied land or other premises as owner or tenant in the parish; or has, during the same period, resided in that area or within three miles thereof; or has during the same period, had a principal or only place of work in that area.
You cannot apply for co-option if you:
- Are bankrupt and an Order or Interim Order has been imposed.
- Have, within five years before the day of the election, been convicted in the United Kingdom of any offence and have had a sentence of imprisonment (whether suspended or not) for a period of over three months without the option of a fine.
- Work for the Council where you are intending to apply for co-option.
- Have been convicted or reported guilty of a corrupt or illegal practice by an election court or have been disqualified from standing for election to a local authority.
Interested persons should apply, in writing, to the Locum Parish Clerk (address above). Applications should include personal details; experience; parish interests and a personal statement highlighting why you wish to join the Parish Council.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS is NOON, 28th JULY 2021